More Than Heaven 4:300:00/4:30
Smooth Sea 4:360:00/4:36
Heartless Land 3:360:00/3:36
Solitude Mountain 4:290:00/4:29
Muddy Land 4:340:00/4:34
Five Dollars 4:050:00/4:05
Our Neverhome 4:190:00/4:19
Tears In The Rain 4:250:00/4:25
Concrete Jungles 3:560:00/3:56
BIOGRAPHY - BOB SPRING
Living the true rock n roll lifestyle as a singer/songwriter, Bob Spring has spent many dedicated years trying to cut his teeth in the industry and perfect his craft. One thing that stands out with this truly inspirational performer is the love of the songs he has written as he almost cradles them from the footlights, almost nurturing them, as if they were meant as a personal performance just for you. Each track has been carefully crafted to give every nuance time to evolve in his mind, before releasing it to the world. His confidence in performance tells the tale of a man that has no need to prove himself, what you see is what you get, and with no airs and graces, he does exactly that, right in front of your eyes from centre stage.
With a Swiss/Italian/American origin, Bob hones his style to one of his own creation, giving us a unique twist on “Alternative Country”, where he speaks of not only the heart and soul, but real life situations, experiences and observations giving us a first-hand view into the life of a true professional. His journey started at the tender age of five as he took up the violin, but as soon as he discovered his voice, it left him with not only a problem, but a dilemma also, as both elements don’t go together. A choice had to be made, and in Bob’s case it was the right one. Luckily the transition from Violinist to Guitarist was an easy one as the voice was already there. By the age of fifteen, Bob started his first band, but it wasn’t until 2000 that Bob’s success started to shine as the lead singer of a band called “Backwash”, achieving International Recognition, including a record deal with the Houston Texas based label Perris Records.
In 2007 he started his solo-career and since then wrote the incredible amount of more than 600 songs – mostly produced and arranged in his home studio. “I am a painstaking songwriter, even though I often find it pretty hard to stay focused” he describes himself. Bob released his first solo EP “West End EP” (2009) followed by the LP “Run From Death” in June 2013. In May 2014 he released his second full length album named „Dust And Arrows“. October 2014, marked the start of The USA Tour starting in New York, and continued to blaze a trail through Pennsylvania, Maryland, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Nevada, Arizona and California which lead to nineteen performances across the United States of America, from small bars in New York City to legendary venues like "The Basement" in Nashville, Tennessee, the WDVX Blue Plate Special Radio show to the Whisky a go go in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California.
2015 marked the start of Bobs first Album with his brand new live band. "The Calling Sirens" and played at the world renowned Montreux Jazz Festival in Montreux, Switzerland which resulted in performances with Paolo Nutini, Sam Smith, Portishead and many more taking Bob on to record three LIVE videos with 5 cameras. In 2016 Bob dedicated a FREE album to the late Michael Kral called “Flesh and Rust”, a great tribute to a man who was almost a Father figure to Bob over the years and close personal friend. Since then, Bob has released several new singles such as "The Darkest Place", "Spit Me Out and Lick Me Up" and "Gone when you wake", including a compilation of cover songs that he had performed over the years. In May 2016 Bob Spring & The Calling Sirens headed for their first tour in Ireland. Two years later, in October 2018 the second Bob Spring & The Calling Sirens album "DARK COUNTRIES" was released . A masterpiece!
As a repentless songwriter with an enormous output, the songs kept coming and 2019 was the right time to set up some plans for the coming solo releases. As you can imagine, that's a whole lot of work for a single person, without a management, doing literally everything wether it's the artwork, the website, the social media stuff, the financial plans or the videos and so on... The next solo record, "I woke up like this" should have been released by Spring 2020. Due to the global pandemic Covid-19 situation (lockdown, travel shut down, etc) it wouldn't have made sense to release the album since the initial plan was to go on tour again. (Europe, Canada, USA). And then, on top of it all, the USA were struggling with their old demon, racism. Bob had the idea to release a concept album about the "American Dream" and to stand up against social injustice the racism and the malpractice of law empowerment happening day by day. "American Dream" and its 14 songs were released digitally on July 4th 2020.MORE...
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS TO DATE
- Album release: AMERICAN DREAM as a sign of solidarity with the colored community
- Struggling, just like any other artist in the Covid-19 times...
- Recorded and produced the next Bob Spring solo album. Expected to be released in January 2020.
- Continuously played solo shows as well as with the Calling Sirens
- Bob Spring & The Calling Sirens released their second album "DARK COUNTRIES" which gained a lot of attention and radio airplay. The album has been awarded with "Best Album of The Year" by Switzerlands only Music Magazine LOOP.
- Bob Spring featured on the On song International (Australia) platform which calls him "A generational talent! "
- Played many solo shows as well as with the Calling Sirens and recorded another 100 songs.
- Showcased the upcoming BSCS Album at MAUZ music club playing the new songs in front of an audience for the first time.
- Released the single "The Blue For The Hope"
- Recorded the upcoming Bob Spring & The Calling Sirens album
- Played many shows at well known summer festivals.
- Released a FREE Album called "FLESH AND RUST" which is dedicated to Michal Kral who was, so Bob, a father-like and a very good friend of his. Michal Passed away in Oct. 2016.
- Bob Spring & The Calling Sirens toured Ireland in May playing well known venues.
- BSCS released their 2016 single called "Hold on restless heart" which is a good preview of the upcoming, second album's perception. The second Bob Spring & The Calling Sirens album is to be expected in 2017. Stay tuned!
- Bob Spring released several new singles such as "The Darkest Place", "Spit Me Out And Lick Me Up" (watch the video) and "Gone when you wake". Further on he released all the COVER SONGS he recorded during the last few years, the download of the 2CD album is totally free but also available as a limited, handmade 2CD Digipack for the die-hard fans.
- Released the first LP Album with his brand new live band "The Calling Sirens". Check it out here!
- Played at the worlds famous Montreux Jazz Festival in Montreux, Switzerland along with Paolo Nutini, Sam Smith, Portishead and many more.
- Recorded 3 LIVE videos with 5 cameras. One shot videos. Two of them have already been released through Social Media Channs: "Guess I'm not a friend" and "Monuments of our time"
- Wrote and recorded many more songs – release planned as the next "Bob Spring & The Calling Sirens" record.
- Released the handmade "Limited Edition 2015" and the singles "Barren Run" and "Country Gent"
- Released the side project singles of. Curly Tonic x Bob Spring
- Played 19 Shows across the United States of America... From small bars in New York City to legendary venues like "The Basement" in Nashville TN, the WDVX Blue Plate Special Radio show to the Whisky a go go in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. All shows listed here.
- Release of „Dust And Arrows“ – The „REAL“ Bob Spring Album. 15 Songs, Home recorded and 100% authentic.
- Recorded about 400 Songs.
- Release the singles „Tijuana“ and „California Sun“
- Recording the “Bob Spring & The Calling Sirens” LP